Venue: Room 10 - Town Hall
Contact: Mrs KM Howard
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Fulham, C Preston and Roberts.
* Resolved that the minutes of the meeting held on 22 May 2018, be approved and signed.
Declarations of Interest from Members
* Resolved that the Planning Applications be dealt with as shown below:
P/2018/0060 Link way Distribution Park and Adjacent Land, Elton Head Road, St Helens
Hybrid Planning application comprising of a full planning permission for demolition of existing building and structures and outline application all matters reserved except for access for residential development (upto 352 dwellings) and associated open space / green infrastructure.
In presenting the application to Members, the Service Manager, Development screened aerial photographs of the application site area and verbally reported that the School/Education Department had not raised any objections to the application.
Councillor McCauley appeared before the Committee to present his case after which the Applicant’s Agent presented their case to the Committee on behalf of the Applicant.
Councillor Bond declared a Personal Non Pecuniary interest in the item and in accordance with the Code of Conduct remained in the meeting.
Grant full permission for the demolition of building and remediation of the site subject to the following conditions:
1. Standard three years;
2. Prior to the commencement of any demolition or ground works, detailed construction and environmental management plans, shall be submitted to and approved as satisfactory by the Local Planning Authority. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved documents, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority;
No works shall take place on the site at all until a
method statement comprehensively detailing the phasing and
logistics of demolition has been submitted to and approved in
writing by the Council as Local Planning Authority.
· Construction traffic routes, including provision for access to the site;
· Entrance / exit from the site for visitors / contractors / deliveries;
· Siting of temporary containers;
· Parking for contractors;
· Identification of working space and extent of areas to be temporarily enclosed and secured during each phase of demolition / construction;
· Temporary road / areas of hard standing;
· Schedule for large vehicles delivering / exporting materials to and from site;
· Details of street sweeping / street cleansing;
· Hours of working;
· Phasing of works;
· Details of turning facilities for use by construction vehicles.
The development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved plan, unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Council as Local Planning Authority;
4. No intrusive ground operation or actions shall take place until the following has been undertaken:
(a) A supplementary phase 2 site investigation and assessment shall be carried out by an appropriately qualified and experienced person or persons. The investigation shall be undertaken in accordance with the recommendations of the submitted ground investigation report (Ref. SHL-HYD-XX-GI-RP-GE-0001, December 2017). This shall determine the full extent of contamination, including chemical / flammable or toxic gas / asbestos/ physical hazards / other contamination at the site. The investigation and assessment shall be in accordance with current Government and Environment Agency recommendations and guidance, and shall identify the nature and concentration of any contaminants present, the potential for migration and risks ... view the full minutes text for item 12.
report was submitted which informed Members of the current position
with regard to the planning appeals that were pending or had
recently been concluded.
* Resolved that the report be noted.
A report was submitted which informed Members of planning applications determined under delegated powers.
* Resolved that the report be noted.
A report was submitted which informed Members on the current positon with regard to enforcement cases.
(1) the report be noted; and
(2) updates on Former Royal British Legion, Scholes Lane and 21 Welwyn Close, St Helens be provided to the Committee and where relevant Ward Councillors.