Venue: Room 10
Contact: Mrs KM Howard
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Fulham and Gill.
* Resolved that the minutes of the meeting held on 25 June 2019, be approved and signed.
Declarations of Interest from Members
In relation to application P/2017/0920, Councillor van der Burg stated that he had predetermined the application and as such had an interest in the matter and that he would exercise his right to address the Committee but, would not take part in the debate nor vote on the item.
* Resolved that the planning applications be dealt with as shown below:
P/2017/0920/FUL Land at Haydock Lane Industrial Estate, Haydock Lane
Full planning application for the construction of four industrial units for a total of 27,402sqm (GEA) for B8 use with up to 5,575 sq m to be used for B2 use with ancillary offices, security gatehouses, car parking, service yards, infrastructure & landscaping.
A Site Visit had taken place by Members of the
Committee, prior to the meeting.
Committee was also advised that since publication of the report, a
commuted sum had been secured for signage to direct traffic from
the site to the East Lancashire Road, A580.
appeared before the Committee to present their objections to the
application, after which Councillor Bond, followed by Councillor
van der Burg presented their objections to the Committee.
Refused on the following grounds:
The proposed development represents inappropriate development in the Green Belt which causes harm to the Green Belt and other harm. It has not been demonstrated that Very Special Circumstances exist which clearly outweigh this harm and the proposals are therefore contrary to Saved Policies GB1 and GB2 in the St Helens Unitary Development Plan and the National Planning Policy Framework.
P/2019/0128 Land North Of East Lancashire Road,
Consent to display 3no illuminated fascia signs and 1no 'halo' lit freestanding sign.
This application had been deferred from a previous meeting of this Committee held on 28 May 2009, to allow for Officers to undertake further discussion with the applicant.
presenting the application to Members, the Services Manager,
Development screened the scheme layout of the application site and
proposed signage design.
A resident appeared before the Committee to present their objection to the application.
Advertisement Consent Subject to the following
1. This consent shall be a period of five years;
2. Any advertisement displayed in accordance with this consent shall be maintained in a clean and tidy condition, to the reasonable satisfaction of the Council as Local Planning Authority;
3. Any land (including buildings) used for the display of advertisements in accordance with this consent shall be maintained in a clean and tidy condition, to the reasonable satisfaction of the Council as Local Planning Authority;
4. Any structure or hoarding erected or used principally for the purpose of displaying advertisements in accordance with this consent shall be maintained in a safe condition;
5. Where removal of any advertisement is required under the terms of this consent, the removal shall be carried out to the reasonable satisfaction of the Council as Local Planning Authority;
6. Before any advertisement ... view the full minutes text for item 18.
A reported was submitted which informed Members of the current position with regard to the planning appeals that were pending or had recently been concluded.
The Services Manager, Development updated the Committee on the outcomes of the following planning appeal:
Members attention was also drawn to the outcome of APP/2019/0006
– 1-3 Bridge street, Newton-le-Willows which had been refused
by the Committee but, allowed with conditions on appeal.
* Resolved that the report and verbal update be noted.
A report was submitted which informed Members of planning applications determined
under delegated powers.
* Resolved that the report and update be noted.
A report was submitted which informed Members on the current position with regard to enforcement cases.
* Resolved that:
(1) the report be noted;
(2) an update be provided to the Committee on 3 Owen Road, Rainhill, enforcement reference: UD13P2/2016/157